Thursday, March 5, 2009

What do you do with kids

So I worked yesterday with a little boy who was a witness to domestic violence. Can I tell you that those are the worst the kids to work with! Which brings me to the Chris Brown and Rihanna. The woman who has the easiest situation from which to leave, does not. What does that say to and about the women who are getting abused and can't leave because they don't have millions of dollars. Don't even get me started about celebrities being bad role models!!! But by far, the worst children that I have ever worked with are children who have witnessed domestic violence. Everytime I have seen it, I knew I was in for the ride of my life. The boys who witness it, and we are talking 3 year olds who have usually witnessed it since their birth, always have no coping skills and hit to solve every little frustration they come across. The thing about kids hitting is that they usually do it when they can't find the words to relieve their anger. These kinds of little boys hit because they think that is the normal way to solve problems, they don't even try to find the words. Little girls who witness always are weak, shy, and quiet. This is a cruel world, and now that I have seen the wrath in these kid's eyes- I am totally pissed about domestic violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment